High Contrast Montessori Flash Cards
Created for being used starting from birth, these high-contrast illustrated flashcards are designed to aid cognitive development and strengthen eyesight.
There are progressive sets for every age, starting with black and white for the smallest babies who don't see the color just yet. Each card is laminated and features rounded corners for long life and durability. This early playset includes a tactile wooden teether for an added sensory benefits.
- Start with images about 12 inches away from your baby’s face (the distance from your wrist to elbow). Hold the images steady and try not to switch them until your baby looks away, a sign that they’re losing interest.
- When they lose interest in an image, change to a new one and eventually switch to more complex images as their eyes grow stronger.
- You can help promote visual tracking by slowly moving an image back and forth horizontally in front of their face to help them practice following a moving object with their eyes. This is an important skill later for reading, writing, and hand-eye coordination.
- Offer high-contrast images in the car, during tummy time, and during alert “play” times.
- Flash cards 14*14cm or 5.5*5.5in
- Teether diameter 7cm or 2.75"
- 20 x Double sided flash cards (40 patterns)
- 1 x Wooden teether
- Progressive sets for the ages 0-3m, 3-6m, 6-12m, 12m+
- Printed with eco-friendly and non-toxic ink.
- Durable cards with rounded corners.
- Includes a wonderfully tactile wooden teether for early sensory play.